Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eat, Sleep, Internet.




A "Blogger" as defined by the American Heritage Dictionary:
    A person who writes entries in, adds material to, or maintains a weblog.

While as A "Blogger" defined by the Urban Dictionary:
   Term used to describe anyone with enough time or narcissism to document every tedious bit of minutia filling their uneventful lives. Possibly the most annoying thing about bloggers is the sense of self-importance they get after even the most modest of publicity. Sometimes it takes as little as a referral on a more popular blogger's website to set the lesser blogger's ego into orbit.

Harsh Words.

I do read a lot of blogs, and judging by what I've seen, it seems like there's one rule of thumb for blogging:

YOU MUCH FIT THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA TO BLOG:
A) YOUR JOB IS EXTREMELY INTERESTING
B)  YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE WRITER
C) YOU ARE VERY FAMOUS

...and here's where I stand:

A) YOUR JOB IS EXTREMELY INTERESTING
    not exactly a party
B) YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER
   is "necessary" spelled with 2 Cs or 1?
C) YOU ARE VERY FAMOUS
   My mom tells me I'm special.

So, since I don't fit any of the above criteria, I will not be blogging about
 A) my Job
 B) showcasing my incredible writing skills
 C) my mother.

Instead, I'll be doing what I do best... which is
SHARING THE FRUITS OF THE INTERNET.

I spend an unhealthy amount of time surfing the internet (mostly YouTube),
and I come across a lot of interesting material.
Some things put me in deep thought and allow me to reflect on my life, while others are just flat out stupid. (but oh so hilarious)

This Blog is an outlet for me to share websites/videos I find on the internet that I find to be interesting (or just stupid and funny).
Some posts may contain my personal opinion, but I am always open for discussion.




No comments:

Post a Comment